meyoga – Newcastle offers a therapeutic yoga practice indoors and outdoors. You can expect individual attention, and a practice tailored to suit your capabilities allowing you to develop and improve at your own pace – the ultimate aim being to experience the benefits of yoga relevant to your life.
The style of yoga is Purna Yoga, an integration of Hatha Yoga – Asana, Breath, Meditation and the Philosophy of the Eight Limbs of Yoga. A gentle restorative practice to stretch and strengthen your body, calm your mind, and raise your spirits.
We provide an oasis of calm and healing through safe practice, key alignment, pranayama (control of energy through breathing), and meditation.
The restorative practice is suitable for all ages and levels of fitness, regardless of flexibility, past injuries and current health challenges.
Regular practice teaches awareness of both our physical and psychological states, creating balance, strength, flexibility and inner stillness.
Private and small group classes available: outdoors, private studio, at school or your corporation.
As a member of Yoga Australia Meyoga also offers health fund provider support if you have the appropriate coverage with NIB Health Funds and a range of other funds upon request as listed by Yoga Australia. For details please enquire.
meyoga Tips for Creating Your Yoga Practice
- Anyone can do yoga
- Wear comfortable stretch clothing
- Bring your mat (outdoor yoga) or use ours (indoor yoga)
- Arrive 10 minutes before class
- Don’t eat an hour before class
- Be mindful of personal hygiene
- No perfume or jewellery
- Your mat, your home – quiet please!
- “I can’t recommend Juliet highly enough. Since starting my yoga journey, I leave her class feeling physically and mentally stronger. Her teaching is clear, consistent and completely supportive. I believe anyone can benefit greatly from her, regardless of age, injuries, or lack of flexibility.”Bec Masterton
- “After experiencing several different yoga teachers and styles in the past, I would happily recommend Juliet's class to anyone in Newcastle. Her yogic knowledge and interest in us all as individuals will suit anyone; from those who think yoga may not be for them as they are as "flexible as a dry twig", to those who know yoga and would like to challenge themselves. A very enjoyable hour to look forward to.”Katrina Howell
- "I have found newcastle walking yoga a great start to my working day. It invigorates and refreshes me. Juliet is a very experienced and patient teacher"!Joanne
- “After only two Purna Yoga classes with Juliet my neck and shoulder pain has reduced significantly, my calves have stopped cramping at night and I am feeling much more energetic. As a 50 year old male and health care practitioner I believe Purna Yoga will be an important and beneficial part of my future health regime. Having a knowledgeable and experienced teacher instructing us in such a friendly local environment is something I can highly recommend to my family, friends and clients.”Steve Dearing